Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Jeggings

With only four more posts to go, I don't really care anymore if you judge me.  Today I fell in love with jeggings.  Go ahead, judge away.

Do you remember Mom jeans?  According to Wikipedia, Mom jeans is "a humorously pejorative term for a specific type of fit of women's jeans, considered to be both unfashionable and unflattering to the wearer's figure."  Back in the day, Mom jeans had waistbands above the belly button, considered a mortal sin by fashionistas at the time.  It is interesting to note that today, high-waisted pants are back in fashion.  Some of us have lived long enough to see the same fashions recycle themselves once or twice, so this is no surprise to us.  Skinny, straight-leg, boot-leg, wide-bottom, flare, bell-bottom . . . how do you like your jeans?  Whatever the current style is, invest your money into purchasing several pair in that style, and I guarantee you, the style will change long before you have gotten your money's worth out of those jeans.  (I should note here that I still have my hip-hugger bell-bottom jeans from 1969, frayed and patched and ready to go.)

But I did not fall in love with the questionable fashion cred of jeggings.  I fell in love with the comfort! I was shopping with a friend yesterday, and she purchased a pair of Vera Wang Simply Vera Denim Jeggings.  She'd tried them on, she said, and they looked and felt great!

Well, I slept on it.  And I woke up this morning thinking what the hell, I want to look and feel great, too!  So back to the store I went.  What I don't think my friend realized was that there was a sale:  buy one, get one half off.  So I bought two pair of Vera Wang Simply Vera Denim Jeggings, one light, one dark. 

It's all about comfort.  I am far too old to give a flying fig whether or not I am fashionable.  I just want to breathe.  Jeggings let me do that.  Comfortably.

And just to be clear, those are not my long legs in that picture.  (I wish.)

No comments:

Post a Comment