Saturday, March 1, 2014

Homecomings

I am waiting for my son to arrive any minute now.  So if this post ends abruptly, you will know why.

Sam goes to school in Vermont, where he loves to ski and where there has not been as much snow as here in northwest New Jersey.  This is Spring Break, and he is driving his new vehicle home to spend a few days with me.  We're heading up to Woodstock, NY as soon as he gets here for a Midnight Ramble at Levon Helm's barn/studio.  Tonight's show is The Weight, an assortment of amazing musicians who will play the music of The Band.  Sam and I share a love of a lot of the same music, and The Band ranks high for both of us.  Call tonight's concert an early birthday present; my little boy turns 22 on Monday.

But meanwhile, it's worry time.  Can't help it; I'm a mom.  The closer it gets to his expected arrival, the more anxious I get, and you can take that two ways.  But once I hear his steps on the front porch, all worry will be lifted!

For now, I have some pacing to do, some looking out the window, some wringing my hands.

And once that part is over, I am in love with the homecoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment