Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Heated Seats

The high temperature today was 22 degrees F. and it is only going to get worse.  By tomorrow night, it is expected to drop to two degrees with a windchill of -20 degrees.  And it snowed today.  This is winter in New Jersey and why am I here?

I braved the cold this morning and drove to the A&P.  On the verge of running out of coffee, one must do things that are unpleasant, and such was the case with me.  (Never mind that the coffee and a few other items would end up costing $144.)  But the drive to and from the store was not that unpleasant, thanks to the heated seats in my Subaru.

Bells and whistles in a car are a relatively new thing for me.  When one gets to my age, buying a car begs the thought:  Will this be the last car I ever buy?  And so it is easy to talk oneself into the bells and whistles.  And I did.  And I am glad I did.

Who knew that a warm tush could distract one from the frigid air trapped in an ungaraged car?  It takes mere seconds for the seat to heat up, whereas I was already at the A&P before the car's interior temperature was tolerable.  And it was the same on the drive home.

Ah, luxury!

And I will get to use my heated seats again tomorrow when I return to the A&P for a refund.  When I got home and went over my receipt (which you should always do, you know) I found that I paid $6.61 for three nectarines.  The receipt told me that they weighed 3. 32 pounds.  It warranted a phone call.  Lucille immediately asked, "Did you check out at register #9?"  I guess I did.  Apparently, the scale was already set at 2.5 pounds.  Ah, technology!

But heated seats technology?  I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Heated seats and an automatic start are 2 things anybody who lives where the temperatures reach below 30 degrees should have!

    ReplyDelete