Friday, April 4, 2014

Changes in Latitudes

Changes in attitudes.  I needed this.  A different landscape, different scenery, different people.  Different dishes, different bedsheets, different supermarkets.  Different colors, different birds, different trees.  Different thoughts.

Back home tomorrow morning, and I'm not sure I want to leave here just yet.  Pete and I always had a "ten day rule."  Ten days was the perfect amount of time to be away from home enough to miss it and be ready to go back.  No wonder I'm not ready; I've only been here five days.

But I do miss my cat.  I miss my routines.  And I do think that when I get back to New Jersey, winter will have finally hit the road.  Time to get the garden ready, start the seeds in the greenhouse, plan the beds. Lots of work ahead, and I am ready!

I'm ready because I've enjoyed a change in latitude.  Anyway, I'll be back here in a couple of weeks with friends for five days of beaching it.  And there you have it . . . the "ten day rule."  It's just been broken up a bit.  Still applies.

No comments:

Post a Comment