Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Friends Who Petsit and Paint But Don't Plumb

Yeah, you read that right.  The plumber is no friend of mine.  To the tune of double the budgeted amount for some minor repairs.  But he's got five kids, so I'll suck it up and let it go.

But friends who petsit!  Friends who paint!  I am in love with their generosity!  In order for me to come down here to sunny Florida to see my daughter and take care of some housekeeping, I needed trusty people to look after my sick cat.  Although one of my people could not find the cat during her brief assignment (I love you, Jeannine!), my other two sitters have sent me pictures to assure me that my cat is still alive.  They not only know how to love my cat, they know how to give me peace of mind.  And I love them for it.  (And I love you, too, Jeannine!  Did I mention that?)

So aside from the plumbing issues, this place has been in great need of some painting. Room by room, friends are taking care of that for me.  Today was the kitchen, and it is looking marvelous!  I cannot stop staring at it.  The kitchen is small, so I thought it would be a quick job.  Not.  I learned a thing or two about painting today.  It's the cutting in that takes time.  The rolling is a breeze.  So a kitchen full of cabinets and windows and appliances is going to take a lot longer to paint than a much larger bedroom or living room.  But Joey works patiently and efficiently (while Trisha and I yak away).  It's a great plan.  At the end of the day, I have a new room, a sore throat, and a great feeling of being cared about.

And that's it for tonight.  I have to go stare at my kitchen walls.  More painting tomorrow and I can't wait!  And I'm actually going to do some of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment