Monday, June 30, 2014

Heat

I will NOT be one of those who complain that it's too hot.  Actually, I don't know if I ever have been one of those, but after this past winter (during which I DID complain about being cold), there's no way I will complain about warmth.  Today reached the mid-80s, and the next two days should be in the 90s.  Bring it on!

And in case you're thinking, "Sure, she'll just stay inside in the air-conditioning," stop right there.  I do not have air-conditioning.  Wiring a log home for AC post-construction would be a nightmare.  But that's okay; I like not having it.  My windows are open.  The cool night air seeps in and is maintained through most of the day.  Granted, if we have a legitimate heat-wave, lasting several days, it can get a little stuffy in here.  But my basement stays pretty cool, and if worse comes to worst, I do have a portable AC unit that I can put to work.  (The second floor of the house can get pretty miserable in a heat wave, so the portable AC is for the occupant of the second floor bedroom.)

I took advantage of today's heat to spend time cleaning up the basement and organizing all the "stuff" that ends up there.  I was so busy, I don't even know if it was hot down there, although I did turn on the ceiling fans at one point.  I will be back down there tomorrow and the next day, too.  By the time we are out of this mini-heat-wave, my basement will be clean and organized.  It's a win.

The older I get, the less I like the cold and the more I love the warmth.  Call it the heat.  I am in love with not having to wear two pair of socks, thermal pants, and a couple of sweaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment