Monday, November 3, 2014

Car Wash

I rarely pay to have something done that I think I can do myself.  Part of that is being frugal and part of that is being independent.  Either way, it usually pays off; I get to feel good about saving money and not being wimpy.

But I caved today.  Although the weather was somewhat mild, I just wasn't interested in dealing with a garden hose spraying out cold water in order to wash my Jeep.  I should have done this weeks ago.  But I didn't.  So I coughed up the ten bucks at the local car wash.

I warned the attendant that I am the idiot who can't even remember the last time I took my car to the  car wash and would probably do something stupid, like try to put the window up while he was steering me in or worse yet, leave the window down.  He was very patient with me, and I didn't do anything stupid.

And I felt like I was in Disney World!  Mind you, I recently returned from a northern California roadtrip in the land of hairpin turns.  But this!  This was a ride right out of Fantasia!
And there they are, at the ready.  Seriously, I felt like those cloth brushes were animated, personified characters, somewhat intimidating in their devotion to purpose.  They slapped at my Jeep with gusto.  I was powerless to stop the attack, as my Jeep continued to move forward into the onslaught of soap and water and huge, ribboned slabs of felt.  And then there was a blackness, as if the enemy was surreptitiously planning its next move.  But as in any good ride, there was a period of relief from the terror when gentle jets cleansed the soapy film from the vehicle.

But the ride wasn't over.  Huge guns of hot air aimed right at my defenseless Jeep forced their will on us.  We succumbed to their warmth and floated through the remainder of the ride into the blue skies of a clear day.  Whew!

And the Jeep looks damn good!  I am so in love with this car wash that I am going to take my other car, the summer convertible, there next week for a bath before I put it to bed for the winter.

Who knew that a car wash could be so exciting and worthy of love?


No comments:

Post a Comment