Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato

Yes, you read that right.  I've been getting way too serious about this blog lately.  Time to lighten up.  At 240 calories per serving, I am in love with gelato.  But, hey, who's counting?

Salted caramel is the most amazing thing to come along since the microwave oven.  Yes, that's my opinion.  But I bet there are a whole lot of people out there who share that opinion.  And I bet you know some of them.  Maybe you ARE one of them?  Fess up!

Talenti Sea Salt Caramel Gelato is an indulgence that I only give in to when I am visiting my daughter in Florida.  Why?  Because that limits the amount I can consume.  If I indulged in this delight every day . . . well, you don't want to know.  So I have it when I am "on vacation."

Admittedly, any frozen gelato that one can buy at the Publix is not the same as the real thing, no matter how expensive it might be.  I have eaten gelato in Italy, and nothing, nothing, can compare.  I have a vivid memory of a summer night eating hazelnut gelato in Lido.  I do not think I will ever be able to repeat that ecstasy in this lifetime.  (But I might try to.)

For now, it's all I can do to screw that top back on and save some gelato for tomorrow night.  This is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment