Sunday, November 30, 2014

Tomorrow

Let's pick up where we left off:  Tomorrow is another day!  And today, I am in love with tomorrow.

At the risk of sounding like I am wishing away today, let me explain that November is just a rough month for me.  Both my parents died in the month of November, so that's one thing.  And although my husband died in the month of December, he began his descent into death in the month of November.  More simply, I perceive November as dull and gray.  And November is, to me, a harbinger of all things cold and confining.  So, you see why I might be eager to say goodbye to November.

Tomorrow will be the first of December and that lightens my heart.  December is full of distraction!  As mentioned before, I am not a big fan of holidays, but I can engage in the art of decorating a bit.  I am also not a big fan of shopping, but I will come up with a gift or two for my kids.  I am not a fan of holiday stress, but given my minimalist celebration preparation, I can avoid the stress.

Today was mild, and I was able to remove the slushy remains of last week's snowstorm from my car.  I also shoveled the ice and snow from the parts of my driveway that never see the sun on these short days.  I felt like I was getting rid of November.  An act of love?  Maybe not, but I could say that I loved doing it!

So my love today is directed toward tomorrow.  December's distractions include holly and berries and hemlock to cut and place in my windowboxes, gingerbread cookies to bake, and scented candles to alter my indoor mood.

So long, November.  See you next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment