Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Voting

I don't think my vote holds much sway here in northwestern New Jersey.  I am a liberal in a land of conservatives.  But I vote anyway.  It is my duty to do so, and I take it seriously.  And, you know, you never know.

Polls closed an hour ago, but I've not looked for any early results.  I'll find out what happened when I read my morning newspapers, and that's okay with me.  I voted.  And now it's up to everyone else.

But I love the idea of voting!  I get to have a say!  Quite honestly, I cannot understand those who do not take advantage of this right.  How can you NOT vote?  How can you NOT offer your voice?

There's been a popular Facebook meme that says
And there it is.  There's nothing more to say.  Except that I voted and I loved doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment