Wednesday, September 3, 2014

New Digs

Not my new digs.  My daughter, Jenna's.  Jenna is moving to the land of moose crossings.  In less than two weeks, Jenna will be a resident of the great state of Vermont!  It's a bit closer than her last residence, which was in Australia, so this mother is happy.

Also, since her brother just left the state of Vermont for the state of California, this mother is happy to have another Vermont connection.  (And there's a daughter in Florida.  Looks like I have the extremes of the USA  ~ not counting Alaska and Hawaii ~ covered.  More places to visit.)

Jenna and I drove up to Vermont today, our second trip.  This visit, she secured a really sweet apartment in one of those idyllic Vermont towns.  In fact, we were told that it's the most photographed town in Vermont!  Of course, that's the realtor talking, so who knows?  Here's Jenna in front of one of the churches on the square in town:
If you ignore the overhead wires and the fact that I cut off the top of the steeple, it looks quite Vermontish, don't you think?

So my little girl has her own place to furnish and decorate.  Of course, in my excitement, I want to decorate it myself!  Jenna has very tactfully reminded me that it is her home, not mine.  And she's right.  But I can still offer suggestions, can't I?

This love is easy.  I LOVERMONT.  What's not to love?  Vermont has moose crossings, Ben & Jerry's, Cabot cheese, Bernie Sanders, Magic Hat and Heady Topper beer.  And now it has my daughter to knock 'em dead at her new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment