Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The Return of the Cat

So Jenna took the cat with her to Vermont, but it seems that it is not working out.  There is litter all over the place, the cat's pee is missing its target, and the nocturnal cat is uninterested in changing her internal clock.  Hence, Jenna is tired and stressed out.  So this weekend, she will return Cassie to the only home she has ever known.

I have mixed feelings about this, as you can imagine.  While I love Cassie dearly and miss her, there was a certain relief in being free of the responsibility of a pet.  I giddily stored the litter box, the catfood dishes, and all the other accoutrements of cat-ownership, knowing that Cassie was in loving hands with Jenna.  Now I'll have to haul them back out again.  Deal with the messy litter, the messy food, the cat hair, the dander, the leftover mouse heads that greet me in the morning.

None of this would be a big-deal problem, except for one thing:  my travel.  Once again, I am confronted with the responsibility of locating cat-care for when I am away from here.  Not looking forward to that.

But, as previously stated, I love this cat.  I've felt bad that she was taken from her familiar haunts and placed in a situation, although loving, where she would no longer have access to the outdoors.  I guess I'm not surprised that it didn't work out.

Jenna will bring her home this weekend, after I've left for California.  My new roommate, Kathy, says she has no problem taking care of Cassie until I get home.  Now, that's pretty generous.  As for me, I will be happy to see her when I return from my road trip.  As for my next trip, I'll deal with that when the time comes.

So welcome home, Cassie!  I've missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment