Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Magic Purple Beans

This is a photographic essay of the Magic Purple Beans, with which I am in love.  Let's begin with the bean plants themselves:
Trionfo Violetto (Phaseolus vulgaris).  Again, I just call them Magic Purple Beans.  Of course, you cannot see them here, so let me show you what they look like when I pick them (which is every day now):
You see?  They are purple.  Beautiful!  However, when I boil the water and pop them in there, they become something else altogether.  They turn green!  Here, take a look:
Someone asked me if the water they were cooked in turns purple.  No!  I am telling you, it is magic!  There is no purple water left from this magical transition.

One of my favorite bean dishes is a combo of green beans, tomatoes, oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, S&P, oregano, pine nuts and feta cheese.  Chilled.  Are you ready to drool?  Take a look:

Yep.  That's it.  Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment