Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Clean House

This is my 260th post and the first time I have fallen in love with a clean house.  What does that tell you?

The late afternoon sun is shining on my clean tile floors now, but for most of the day, it was raining or cloudy and damp.  I cranked up the tunes and got to work. I am always surprised to discover that it's really not that hard to clean the house.  Unless I'm being manic and washing the log walls and painting the heat registers and stuff like that.

None of that today.  Just dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, cleaning bathrooms, and a few other things.  It took a few hours, and then I cleaned the shower and myself.

But then I got carried away.  I thought I was over the seasonal decorating thing.  But I took down the screens, and the colored leaves got brighter outside the cleaned windows.  Next thing I knew, I was in the crawlspace attic, hauling down boxes of decorations.  Now, I gave up Halloween decorating a few years ago, but I do have two ceramic jack-o-lanterns that I love, so they made the cut again this year.  The rest of the stuff consists of candles, floral arrangements, framed family photos, wreathes, and a few knick-knacky things.  No overkill, trust me.  Just a pretty autumn celebration.


And now I am sitting in my clean house, admiring the subtle touches of autumn decorations.  I like it.  No, I love it.  I have always said you have to love your space.  And I do.  It's clean, it's festive, it's seasonal.
And I am in love with it.

1 comment:

  1. Who wouldn't love a clean house, right? Even if a house is simple, if it's clean, it will bring a refreshing and comfortable feeling for everyone who lives there. I actually find cleaning enjoyable and fulfilling, and I like that we are alike in that sense. Anyway, I like the decorations of your house. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Therese! All the best to you!

    German Zollinger @ Total Clean Equip

    ReplyDelete