Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Movement

Less than a week away, and already September is so full, I am overwhelmed.  But wait . . . it's all GOOD stuff!

First of all, my Jenna landed a job!  So she will be moving to Brattleboro, Vermont, in the next couple of weeks.  This is all good and exciting and, well, stressful!  She has to find a place to live (one that will accept a cat) and furnish it within a very short time.  The search begins tomorrow when we take a ride up there to house-hunt.

At the same time, my very dear friend will be moving in here temporarily.  She has sold her house, but still needs to maintain her teaching job at least until the end of December.  So she will be moving in here within the next two weeks.

One moves out, one moves in.

And then I move on.  I am flying out to California to see my son, and he and I will embark on a ten-day road trip spanning northern and southern California.  This is very exciting!  We have a great itinerary planned, and I am in the process of booking motels along the way.  Mountains, coastlines, forests, redwoods, lakes, wine country, baseball . . . it's all good.

Movement.  If you aren't moving, you are stagnant.  Sometimes, you need to stand still; I will grant you that.  As for me, I love movement.  I am in love with the coming and going, the expected and the surprise, the ebb and the flow.  I want to keep moving as long as these old bones will allow.

As Warren Zevon so famously stated, "I'll sleep when I'm dead."  (But I bet he's still not sleeping!)

No comments:

Post a Comment