Saturday, August 2, 2014

The Florist

Look what was delivered to my house this morning!


Aren't they just beautiful?    You see, I got a phone call this morning from The Florist! telling me that she had some flowers to deliver to me.  She wanted to know if I would be home to receive them.  I said, "Nobody ever sends me flowers!" and she said, "Well, there are flowers for you today!"  I told her yes, I would be home all morning.

Sure enough, about an hour later, there she was at my door with this beautiful arrangement of flowers.  I was gobsmacked!  And they're still here, center-stage on my dining room table.

So I am in love with The Florist!  And I thought about that career, how every day, you get to deliver flowers to people, and they rightly fall in love with you.  What a gig!  And then I realized that a large part of that business involves delivering flowers to funeral homes.  Bummer.  Oh!  But there are deliveries to mothers of newborn babies in hospitals!  There are flowers delivered to churches and reception halls for weddings!  There are flowers delivered for birthdays and graduations and anniversaries and career advancements and proms and dance recitals and just because!  All those flowers.  And all that love, directed at The Florist!  Wow.

Oh, I guess you might be wondering who told The Florist! to give me flowers.  Well, I'm not telling.



No comments:

Post a Comment