Saturday, December 13, 2014

Larry's Guitar

If you want to get to heaven
Over on the other shore
Stay out of the way of the long-tongue liar


There's nothing like going to hear some good music at a venue and having the performer do a song dedicated to you.  My friend Larry, fingerstyle guitarist extraordinaire, knows that I love Jorma Kaukonan (Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna), and so he played Good Shepherd for me.  Larry sure knows how to make a person feel special.

Larry is self-taught.  He has honed his skills over many years, and his versatility as a guitarist is evidence of that.  He plays solo fingerstyle guitar, but is also a team-player in other bands, namely Soylent Blue and Wood Hippie.  His musical family is tight-knit and supportive of one another.  This is local music at its best.

Larry put out a CD a couple of years ago, Pickin' and Sliding the Blues.  His sleeve notes speak his passion better than anything I can write here:

"Blues is Truth."  Cannot be denied!  Brownie McGhee spoke those words, and one can only believe it if one loves the blues.  To pick the blues is to take the blues by the hand, the fingers, the heart . . . lay it down and start walkin'.  To slide the blues is to feel, slip, and skate.  Everything in between is the blues, everything around 'em is the blues.  Outside, inside, to the side is the blues.  Why?  Because the blues is feeling . . . good feeling, bad feeling, we're all feeling.  Some pickin', some sliding, some walking.  "Blues is truth."
I am in love with an afternoon of good music, good conversation, good vibes, and good feeling.  Thanks, Larry!
 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete